Use this simple workflow to create and share (via a URL) your geographic data with options to attach documents and time-series information.
1. Go to erams.com/resource/create.
2. Log into the system using your eRAMS username and password on the upper right corner of the webpage.
3. Once you log in, options are avaibale in the bottom panel of the eRAMS canvas to upload spatial layers, tables and documents, as well as information from FTP or HTTP resources.
Enter the following information before clicking Create:
1. Data/Information Type: This menu is used to broadly categorize the resource and includes: boundary, climate, geology, hydrology, land use, population, and water. for other data category select “other”.
2. Organization: options include: academic, public utility, NGO, and private sector.
3. Select data types:
- Click “Geospatial Layers” tab to upload feature (i.e. point, line, or point, including shaefile formats) and raster datasets. You can upload a compressed (zipped) file that contains all files for a given shapefile layer.
- Tables/Docs: click the “Table” and “Doc” buttons to upload documents that will be made available in the resource page.
4. Resource Colors: you can change the background and font color for the right panel in the published resource page using these options. To modify other properties, or include an image in the documentation materials in the left panel in the resource page, click the “Edit” button.
5. Add metadata for the resource including title, creator/submitter, purpose, keywords, spatial domain, citation, and description. These information will be used to populate the resource documentation information that appears in the right panel of the published resource page.
- Resource Colors: you can change the background and font color for the right panel in the published resource page using these options.
- To modify other properties, or include an image in the documentation materials in the left panel in the resource page, click the “Edit” button.
6. Click “Create”. This will provide a URL for your resource. Click the URL to open the resource in a new webpage or share the URL with the audience/users of your resource..
Add Time Series Data:
To attach time series data to features in your resource dataset, follow these steps:
1. Click the “Map” tab from the eRAMS GIS left dashboard.
2. Open Project Layers.
3. Under Geospatial Layers, you can find a folder with the title of the resource you just created. The spatial layer associated with the resource is organized under this folder.
4. Click the title of the spatial layer to open the layer menu. Select the “Time Series Data” option.
5. Upload a table of time series in “comma separated format”, which must include a “gid” and “a “date field”. The “gid” field is used to link the time series data with each feature in the spatial layer. The data field is used for analysis and visualization of time series.
6. For more information about working with time series information in eRAMS, click here.
View the table and graph the attributes using the time series options:
The published resource webpage will include an option to view features in the spatial layers with time series data. Select a feature with time series data from the map in the left panel or from the table in the right panel, and click time series from feature identification menu on the map. Options in the time series window will allow accessing the table,, statistical summary of the attributes, or plotting the data.