Thrust DIntegration of data, models and products to enhance decision making
Thrust D activities focus on integration of data, models and products from all other themes and projects to facilitate enhanced decision making. This thrust enables synthesizing results from assessment projects under Thrust A, technological solutions under Thrust B, and socioeconomic and management solutions under Thrust C to identify viable options that provide maximum benefits at the system level.
A system approach following an urban water sustainability framework is used to explore driving forces, pressures, states, impacts, and responses/solutions. This system approach explores benefits, dis-benefits, co-benefits, and tradeoffs associated with various solutions at various spatial and temporal scales. The synthesis will determine the sustainability metrics/indicators that comprise UWIN Urban Water Sustainability Blueprint.
The research questions include:
- What institutional agreements facilitate/impede sustainable management of urban water?
- What are the tradeoffs associated with various infrastructure and technological solutions?
- How do tradeoffs vary across spatial and temporal scales within a city or across cities?
- How are urbanization responses interconnected spatially and temporally?
- What are general patterns in the relationship between the urban landscape and water availability, vulnerability and resiliency?