Stakeholder Engagement & Committees
Stakeholder participation is central to the success of UWIN. Stakeholder engagement primarily seeks to gather input that guides the research programs of UWIN by aiding in the development of the Urban Water Sustainability Blueprint (USB). Stakeholder engagement also ensures relevant research targets and trajectories are being met.
Engagement efforts assist in the development of a national network of water stakeholders. This network will facilitate information exchange and shared experiences on sustainable management of urban water systems while fostering social learning. The stakeholder network will also vet the USB against desires, priorities, preferences and concerns of each region allowing researchers to define and explore regionally specific water futures.
Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC)
SAC members will join a network of water stakeholders and NSF-supported academic researchers in their region to participate in the development and vetting of the USB. Members have access to a web of shared experiences implementing innovative water solutions which promotes the use of regionally specific and sustainable resolutions.
We wish to engage individuals in each study region who collectively bring the following to the discussion:
- Thought leaders representing all water sectors of importance to the region
- Representation of interests from national, regional, county, and local levels
- Representation of both public and private sectors
- Capacity to think about problems technically (engineering and water science professionals)
- Strong professional networks and ability to help identify new stakeholders
Meet our Regional Stakeholder Advisory Committee Members: