Thrust DEvaluate the impacts, tradeoffs and co-benefits of innovative technologies and transitions
Research activities under Thrust D focus on integration of UWIN data, models and products to facilitate enhanced decision making. The assessments define, characterize and quantify the UWIN Urban Water Sustainability Blueprint indicators.
The research questions include:
- What institutional agreements facilitate/impede sustainable management of urban water?
- What are the tradeoffs associated with various infrastructure and technological solutions?
- How do tradeoffs vary across spatial and temporal scales within a city or across cities?
- How are urbanization responses interconnected spatially and temporally?
- What are general patterns in the relationship between the urban landscape and water availability, vulnerability and resiliency?
- Project D1-1: Modeling present and future values for sustainable water management blueprint indicators
- Project D1-2: Cross-site comparisons and contrasts across eco-hydrological regions
- Project D1-3: Urban water decision innovation system
- Project D1-4: Increasing risk of compound flooding from storm surge and rainfall for Major US Cities